Thursday, December 10, 2009

Victoria Beckham Revamps Denim and Eyewear Line


Victoria Beckham has taken her struggling denim and eyewear line, brought them in-house, and released it yesterday on Net-a-Porter.com and a few select stores.

Here are a few things Ms. Beckham had to say about her lines:

On being a perfectionist:
“It’s about doing things gradually and building the brand in a strategic way. It’s about finding the right time, the right team. With everything that I do, I will only do it after I’ve done all my homework. I really am a perfectionist, and I don’t want to rush anything. It’s not just about putting my name on a product and getting it out there. That’s not what is important to me.”

On her biggest competition:
“I’m my competition. I want to do better next season than I did this season. And I’m sure the season after that I will want to beat myself again.”

On what helped shape her into the businesswoman she is today:
“I’ve always been driven. I was mentally and physically bullied when I was at school and that gave me a very thick skin...The only reason for me bringing that up is I have always been a fighter. I have always had to work very, very hard with everything I do. That is just my work ethic...That’s my DNA.

Read the complete story over at Women's Wear Daily.

No comments: